I am working with a leading civil engineering client to appoint a strong all-round HSEQ Manager with experience in infrastructure projects such as highways or airports. In this National role, you will implement and improve health and safety performance across the business, as well as promote a positive, inclusive safety culture. As well as the option to work from the office in Hertfordshire, you will also spend a good deal of time on sites interacting with the client and subcontractors in multiple civils sectors.
You must hold Grad IOSH status to be considered for this role
• The Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will be providing general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuously advising on safe systems of work.
• Ensuring that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
• Developing Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures.
• Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes measuring performance.
• Carrying out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
• Carrying out risk assessments ensuring that all documentation and method statements are up to date.
• The Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will be developing and maintaining quality management systems in compliance with ISO 9001.
• Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness to Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and Health, Safety and Environmental inductions.
• Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics.
• Communicating various findings and to assist in the development of localised improvement plans.
• Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
• GradIEMA (desirable)
• Grad IOSH (required)
• Willingness to travel nationally
What’s in it for you?
• A salary of £55,000 + car/allowance
• Holiday & Benefits package