A leading civil engineering and utilities contractor are looking for a HSEQ Advisor, covering schemes west of London. You will play a key role in providing operational support across multiple projects within a growing, successful business. You will be a dynamic and vibrant professional with fresh ideas. Due to the nature of the projects you’ll be involved with you must have had experience working within substations or a power utilities encironment.
Reporting into the Head of HSEQ, you will be:
• To assist in external supply chain audits and construct reports with recommended improvements
• To undertake site inspections and internal audits across South East and ensure delivery of tailored improvements
• To ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety regulatory requirements
• To assist in the development of behaviours to support business Health and Safety initiatives and deliver a positive safety ‘culture’
• Drive management system improvement through internal audits
• Motivate and develop employees and coach from site to board level
You will also have:
• Experience within a civil engineering or utilities environment in a similar role (ESSENTIAL)
• Health & Safety Diploma-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• Experience of working in substations (ESSENTIAL)
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Strong working knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and the transition to ISO 45001
• Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively with staff.
• Experience of driving a positive health & safety culture
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader and a dynamic HSEQ team. They offer very competitive salaries, between £45-55,000, with excellent packages attached and the role represents an excellent chance to advance your career in HSEQ in a burgeoning sector.