An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join a reputable groundworks contractor as HSE Manager. They are looking to add to an existing dynamic team who work closely with site management to manage risks across their project portfolio in the West Midlands.
Reporting into Senior Management you will be:
• Reviewing, improving and approving Health and Safety plans
• Monitoring and reporting Health and Safety performance
• Writing and reviewing RAMS
• Managing sub-contractors and their performance whilst coaching a Health & Safety ethos out on-site
• Providing operational support in managing safety and driving continuous improvement in site safety
• Keep up to date with new technologies and initiatives with an emphasis placed on Environmental aspects and lowering their overall negative environmental impact
You will well-versed in coaching and mentoring personnel, controlling their safety output on-site and ensuring compliance across a diverse and challenging risk portfolio. You will be:
• An excellent communicator, comfortable building relationships from site to board level
• Experienced in civil engineering hazards, particularly groundworks (ESSENTIAL)
• A solutions-led Health & Safety professional, capable of identifying and managing risk
This is an excellent chance to join a growing company in an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. You will earn an extremely competitive salary of between £35-40,000 plus car and full package and will be promoting the highest standards of Health & Safety performance and behaviour within the company and utilising your personal attributes to develop and maintain standards.