Are you a HSE professional with fast-moving construction experience who is looking to further develop your career in HSE? Can you engage, gain buy-in and influence others? Do you want to facilitate change and be involved in interesting and diverse projects which will improve safety culture and behaviours on site? Then this could be the role for you!
An experienced Health & Safety Advisor is required for an immediate start working on a superb multi-discipline civil engineering client based in the North West. This role will cover projects based in the North West and you can be based anywhere that serves the region effectively.
· Prepare, maintain and review management systems documentation.
· To advise company Directors and management on all aspects of HSQE including changes in legislation and regulations that may affect operations.
· To report lost time accidents and dangerous occurrences required by statute.
· To investigate all incidents and dangerous occurrences with a view to suggesting improvements to working practices and preventing any recurrence.
· Maintain ISO/BS and other registrations/accreditations for quality, environmental and health & safety management systems.
· Develop and implement audit programmes for the management systems and business processes.
· To organise, develop and deliver toolbox talks.
· Management on the safe system of working, employee responsibilities, and ensure safety
· Assist with the development and implementation of targets and objectives to facilitate continuous improvement of safety, health, environment, quality and rail management systems. Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives in relation to the above.
· Carry out formal management system reviews for safety, health, environmental, quality, and rail management systems.
· Convene, coordinate and chair management system meetings.
· Participate and/or facilitate with sub-contractor’s joint audits of their management systems.
· Prepare internal management system reports including summary statistics on management systems performance.
· Assist in the maintenance of defects and non-conformance schedules and help closing out of issues raised. Assist in the scheduling and maintenance of the customer complaints schedule and in the closing out process. Liaising with internal and external parties on matters associated with management systems.
· Management of sub-contractor/supplier pre-qualification systems.
· Carry out regular site inspections with relevant safety, health, environmental, quality department members to monitor construction operations
· Provide environmental advice prior to, during, and on completion of projects.
· Hold a Qualification or have significant experience in Lead Auditing for all three ISO Standards: 9001, 14001 and 45001.
· NEBOSH Certificate (General or Construction), Diploma desirable
· Experience of working in a Civil Engineering environment
· Excellent knowledge of up to date Health and Safety legislation in the construction/civil engineering environment
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
What's in it for you?
· Salary of UP TO £50,000 depending on experience
· A comprehensive benefits package