Health and Safety Advisor – Civils/Groundworks - £28k-£35k + package – West Midlands based with regional site visits.
A real opportunity for an up and coming health and safety professional to make a difference for a company striving to be a market leader in groundworks, & civil engineering.
Reporting directly to the SHEQ Director, you will be supporting and implementing health and safety across a variety of sites.
The role involves mostly site-based work and travelling to sites. You must have a full UK driver’s license and appreciate that some travel is involved but is not excessive.
You should have a minimum of 2 years experience within a construction/civils health and safety role and hold NEBOSH certificate or similar, with a good understanding of relevant SHEQ legislation and industry standards.
• Assist in the development and ongoing review of the Health and Safety for each site.
• Advise the site teams in the interpretation, guidance and advice on the application of the SHE management systems
• Undertake site inspections and attend Site Review Meetings.
• Provide support with identification and management of SHE risks, issues and opportunities
• Review third party Risk Assessments for quality and suitability to support the Asset Management team.
• Keep up to date with knowledge on current SHE Legislation, Best Practice, current thinking on H&S practice and developments related to our business activities.
• Manage availability to the various sites to ensure that the right level of governance and support is provided.
• Align to current thinking on H&S practice and up to date knowledge on current SHE Legislation & Best Practice
• Proactive, engaging and positive attitude to the promotion of SHE excellence
• Effective within a team and across a diverse working environment
• Flexible and open-minded
• Support the SHE Team in the delivery of the SHE Plan and identified priorities
• Support in the preparation and issue SHE Alerts / Bulletins and Posters.
• Support with the review and update of SHE processes and procedures as necessary.
What’s in it for you?
• A salary of £28,000 - £35,000 DOE
• Company vehicle or allowance