An experienced Health & Safety Advisor is required for an immediate start working on a major civil engineering/rail project based in the Tamworth area. This is a 6 month freelance position.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Risk based and themed inspections of the project worksites and sites where the work activities take place.
- Supporting the undertaking of Risk Assessments, Safety conversations and Site Audits.
- Supporting with Investigations and assisting where required in the collation of evidence.
- Carrying out analysis of data and identifying potential trends and implementing mitigation measures.
- Acting as Health & Safety subject matter expert for Project Management team and staff
- Other relevant duties applicable to the role
- NEBOSH Certificate (General or Construction), Diploma desirable
- Experience of working in Civil Engineering environment, ideally with railway interfaces
- CSCS, SSSTS or SMSTS ideal
- Excellent knowledge of up to date Health and Safety legislation in the construction/civil engineering environment
- Excellent communication, safety coaching and organisational skills