HEAD OF DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
£70k PLUS CAR & PACKAGE
Our client is one of the regions largest Housing Associations providing a range of services to 13,000 homes, employing almost 4,600 people. The business is an investment partner with Homes England and design, manufacture, construct and maintain their own homes for both affordable housing and open market sale.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Design and Construction to oversee and drive forward their award winning in-house design and construction teams which were established to deliver circa £35m of new developments. Moving forward the team are developing their open market offering with this role being fundamental to achieving this growth.
• Qualified to a minimum HNC / HND level in a construction related subject.
• Qualified in Health and Safety in the workplace.
• Extensive experience managing the complete building operation from enquiry through to project delivery on site (5 years minimum experience in a management position).
• Experience leading and managing a design team and design co-ordination.
• Experience in both affordable housing and open market sale sector.
• Working knowledge of modern methods of construction including timber framing and panelised types of construction.
• Reporting to Executive Commercial Director.
• Design team direct reports: Production Manager and Senior Architect.
• Construction team direct reports: Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyor and Procurement Manager.
Rewards & Incentives:
• £70,000 per annum.
• Company car £363 per month lease value or £5k cash alternative
• Pension 7% matched or 3% employee contribution and 2% company contribution.
• 24 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays and 5 concessionary days.
Please note this is permanent role which is only suitable for candidates with relevant experience and that can demonstrate a proven track record of success with a like-minded business and longevity of service on their CV (minimum length of service 3 years).
To express your interest in the role please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black 0121 237 3700 or 07921 079521