Environment & Sustainability Advisor – location flexible - £40,000
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environment & Sustainability Advisor to join our client based in Cambridgeshire. You will provide support and advice to operational teams on all aspects of environmental management, developing environmental documentation, meeting legal and company standards and helping deliver a culture of continual improvement. Understand and work with clients and regulators to ensure their environmental requirements are complied with. Support on-site mitigation, sustainability of works and engagement with local stakeholders and members of the public.
What you will be doing:
• Provide advice and support to operational teams on environmental matters
• Develop and maintain local environmental management and sustainability plans
• Maintain relationships with regulators, clients and subcontractors
• Develop and maintain relationships with local stakeholders
• Investigate and report incidents to the Environment & Sustainability Project Partner
• Ensure the environmental management system is maintained in line with changing standards and legislation and Client requirements
Ensure on-site compliance with environmental legislation and coach teams in applying controls and mitigations
Post Specific Responsibilities:
• Provide Risk Register management and maintenance, recording, analysis and reporting.
• Support the implementation & monitoring of Environmental & Sustainability programmes & initiatives.
• Support the provision of Environmental & Sustainability training across the business.
• Support the Group HSEQ Director in the development of HSEQ policies, strategies and action plans.
• Support Operations as appropriate.
Primary Tasks and Duties:
• Support in the preparation and development of contract-specific waste management plans, environmental strategy plans etc.
• Support in the development, maintenance, management and auditing of divisional/contract waste management matrices.
• Planning, coordinating and where required conducting environmental compliance audits throughout the Group and suppliers to ensure compliance with Environmental Management Systems while supporting the closeout of any identified non-compliances.
• Liaising with the Operational Team on Environmental issues and performance.
• Collating all relevant environmental data for monthly reports, including trend analysis on each business unit.
• Promote Business wide Targets and Objectives.
• Where relevant, undertake incident investigations.
• Develop and deliver briefings and Environmental awareness training across the division where required.
• To support the Group’s policies on Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
• Minimum - NEBOSH Environmental Diploma (Degree in Environmental Management discipline – preferred)
• Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of ISO 14001.
• Accredited Environmental Management Qualification working towards IEMA Chartered Membership.
• Relevant CSCS Card
• IOSH membership
• Internal auditor training
• Accident & investigation training
What’s in it for you?
• A salary of £40,000
• A competitive benefits package