Hours: 8:30 to 17:30 - Early finish on a Friday
One of the UK's most prestigious house builders is looking to add another string to their bow by employing a Groundwork's Specialist Surveyor to work within their commercial team.
This Surveyor will have been working with a residential ground worker for a significant period of time and is fully competent as a surveyor in the sub contractor market.
1. Working with the regional technical team to identify value engineering improvements.
2. Ensuring that all technical information ties together prior to tendering.
3. Overseeing the procurement process of Groundwork and Infrastructure together with other members of the Commercial Team.
4. Assisting, training and sharing knowledge with other members of the Commercial Team.
5. Analysing tender returns and negotiating best price whilst achieving the programme.
6. On commencement on site by the Groundworker, assisting the build teams to ensure that they comply with their obligations and in accordance with the agreed accepted tender.
7. Managing the payments to the Groundworker to ensure compliance.
8. Liaising with the regional Health and Safety Manager prior to procurement to ensure that the correct packages are awarded (i.e. who is the Principal Contractor and who is undertaking what work).
9. Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
10. Complying with and uphold company policies and procedures.
11. Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time
The right person should possess.
• Effective written and verbal
• Good negotiating skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Knowledge of contract law relating to construction issues.
• Knowledge of construction techniques and materials.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety related issues.
• Computer literate in the use of valuation systems and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of below ground engineering techniques and methods of measurement
• Understanding of regional groundworks costs and how rates are built up.
• An ability to critically assess engineering options to add value.