Groundworks Quantity surveyor.
Kenton Black are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor position, offering a sizeable salary within a rapidly expanding company based in Solihull and its surrounding areas.
We are seeking a Quantity Surveyor, with a strong background in groundworks either residential or commercial. A successful applicant will have a strong desire to take the next step in their career.
Duties will include:
* Compile and coordinate siteworks/civils/groundworks tenders for competitive tender process.
* Analyse and value engineer tender returns.
* Commercially manage groundworks contractors from tender stage through to estate completions.
* Attend site/office progress meetings relating to siteworks/civils/groundworks
* Process groundworker valuations and liaise with the Accounts team to facilitate payments
* Troubleshoot site issues to find the most competitive solution to any issues that may arise.
* Work closely with the Engineering team to ensure works are carried out to the required standard, timescale and cost.
* Provide support to the Commercial/Technical Director.
• Degree in civil engineering would be beneficial but not a necessity.
• Experience as an estimator would also be a benefit but not a necessity.
• Financial and reporting experience.
• Experience with working with main contractors in the residential industry.
• Both residential and commercial would be ideal, but a specialist in one area will be a great fit.
• Excellent package, up to £70,000 dependant on experience.
• Annual bonus which is performance related.
• Car allowance, which is negotiable.
• 21 days holiday + bank holidays.
• Company offers fantastic progression opportunities.
• Pension negotiable
To express your interest in this role, please contact Ryan Read on 01212373700 or 07491965401