We are looking for a Site Agent for our Northampton (Highways England) job.
Living close to Northampton would be an advantage.
Role: Daytime Site Agent (Possible nights & Weekends).
Hours of work 07:30 – 17:30. Mon – Fri.
• To be fully conversant with the NEC form of contract, all contract documents, drawings and specifications.
• To be responsible for the successful financial outturn of the contract and to be responsible for site cost control. (Update budget)
• To be responsible for Health & Safety on site and ensure that the works under your control are carried out safely. This includes ensuring health & safety and environmental risks are defined, assessed and controlled during the work. This will include up-dating the construction phase health, safety and environmental plan, preparation and briefing of RAMs and lift plans, issuing of permits to work, undertaking site inductions and briefings, tool box talks and other safety initiatives together with provision of information for the Health & Safety file
• Preparation of Start of Shift Briefings.
• To put in place any Health & Safety initiatives developed by the company including proactive management of ‘near miss or positive intervention” reporting.
• To allocate competent, trained and experienced staff and operatives to the tasks on site and to identify any training, skills accreditation or qualification requirements for operatives and to ensure employees are properly trained prior to undertaking their duties. This includes ensuring you have, or members of your team have the necessary training and accreditations for the works to be carried out.
• To prepare materials, labour and plant resource schedules for all elements of work.
• To prepare up-dated programmes and resource requirements as works progress. Asta Powerproject.
• To manage other site staff in your control including establishing roles, responsibilities, duties and reporting requirements for other staff.
• To allocate setting out engineers and ensure their work is checked.
• To ensure that all necessary notifications, programmes, early warnings, or other information required under the contract or specification are made to Highways England, and that all instructions issued by Highways England SS, CPM, or SPM are confirmed and promptly dealt with.
• To keep comprehensive records of the works and to provide all records for contract and company administration purposes in line with Quality Assurance procedures.
? Submission of a detailed weekly progress report.
? Preparation of site quality plans
? Inspection and test plans
? Document issue and control
• To ensure the competency and training of subcontractors staff and certification/testing of their equipment and that their RAMS, Lift Plans and other documentation is accepted and approved by Highways England before starting work.
• To be responsible for ensuring a high standard of workmanship, completed with minimum or zero defects.
• Ensure inspections and snagging of sections of work are completed with the Highways England site supervisor as the works progress and to resolve any outstanding defects prior to phase completion at the earliest opportunity. Ensure final inspections and completion of any snagging work.
• To be responsible for design of any temporary works or for engaging competent external designers to design any temporary works.
• To be responsible for site tidiness and cleanliness, including office and welfare facilities.
• To be responsible for the resourcing of suitable plant for the site, and its safe use during construction of the works.
• To maintain good public relations and customer care during the works.
• To attend site meetings, progress meetings, risk reduction meeting or any other meeting in connection with a current, previous or future contract.
• Gold Card CSCS (Min)
• 3 day First Aid
• Full driving licence.
• Asta Powerproject.
• NRSWA / Safe Digging / Cable avoidance.