Kenton Black are working with a privately owned, Main Contractor based in the Midlands.My client are looking to take on a Freelance Senior Quantity Surveyor for the foreseeable.
They are currently working on 6 Live projects all within the West and East Midlands but occasionally their projects will fall outside of the Midlands as all of their work is repeat business from select clients. You will be required to travel to site when needed but this role will be mostly office based.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Extensive experience of working on live projects
• Successfully completed a number of final accounts
• Experience of procuring major works sub contracts
• Proficient knowledge of measurement and valuation
• Experience of undertaking risk assessments and valuation of them in conjunction with other project team members;
• Ability to negotiate with clients/sub-contractors
• Accredited degree in Quantity Surveying (or relevant equivalent)
• Minimum 8-10 years experience
• New build construction experience is essential
• You must be confident running your own projects and being client facing.
• Ideally they would like someone who is able to read drawings and work hands on with the site teams.
• If you have previously worked in operational roles such as SM or PM this would be desirable.
• You must be driven and determined, ideally someone who is looking to progress their career and work their way up.
For more information on this role please contact Tabitha Crabtree at Kenton Black.