Company details and job overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with one of the UK’s largest education and care providers with an annual turnover in excess of £350m. With an enviable reputation for the services they provide across the UK, the business continue to grow and have an acquisitive business plan which will see the group exceed £500m T.O in the next 2-3 years. With a focus on delivering high quality services across a number of sectors they are firmly placed as an employer of choice and market leaders operating as a group structured organisation. The business offer the opportunity for individuals to grow and develop and are keen to ensure the tools are available for you to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Your new role as Financial Accountant:
As Financial Accountant you shall support the Head of Financial Reporting to produce accurate, detailed and timely financial accounting. With a focus to ensure timely tax accounting you shall also be responsible for the compliance across the group monthly and manage the annual reporting schedules accordingly. You shall work closely with external auditors as well as the internal finance team to deliver an efficient external audit process.
Main Role Duties:
• The Production of Group VAT returns and act as a key contact for VAT queries within the Group;
• Develop process and procedure across the finance function and also assist with future implementation of a developed VAT reporting structure across the Group
• Collaboration with external auditors and internal finance personnel, ensuring the audit process is proficient and managed within a strict timetable;
• Assist in the production of the group statutory accounts for all legal entities;
• Assist with the production the individual and group corporation tax calculations and provisions for the statutory accounts, providing detailed analysis and documentation for tax advisors for annual returns and compliance.
• Responsible for the submission of tax & financial requirements within dedicated statutory deadlines;
• Preparation of Corporation Tax computations for subsidiaries.
• Manage the internal audit process, including the ad-hoc and unannounced internal audit checks across divisions and group in varying areas of the business.
• Seek to enable the development and training of colleagues.
An interesting role in a growing business this role will play an important part of the continued success across the group. As part of a leading organisation you will be surrounded by like-minded professionals who have the technical and operational expertise for you to learn and grow in your role.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered for this role you shall hold a full financial qualification, ideally ACA / ACCA with audit experience gained in practice. You shall have held a similar role in a large business and have operated in a financial accounting role. With a proven track record of developing process and procedure you shall ideally have had exposure to a group structure and will have operated in a role where deadlines are important to be met. You shall have an understanding of UK GAAP and tax principles and have a developed set of strong technical accounting skills. Strong in the ability to communicate across an organisation you shall also maintain excellent written and oral communication skills.
Salary and reward on offer:
This is a diverse and exciting proposition to someone wanting to add value and be part of a growing, acquisitive organisation. You will receive a competitive salary and holiday entitlement and gain the opportunity for growth and progression in your role as the business continues to expand.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.