My Client are searching for a Senior Estimator to add to their team in Birmingham. Reporting directly to the Estimating Manager, we are seeking to recruit either an Estimator who is looking for progression, or Senior Estimator to work within the Bid Team for the preparation of fully considered submissions.
My cient are one of the countries leading Construction company with an annual turnover of over 800M. They undertake a variety of schemes from Industrial to Commercial and project sizes vary from £10M to £200M.
The overall purpose of the role is to prepare accurate cost plans and detailed estimates, identifying true nett cost, to enable the Company to fulfill its business objectives.
Accountabilities and Key Tasks
- To be able to work under own direction, with minimal supervision within a Bid Team environment whilst maintaining Group Estimating procedures and philosophy.
- To ensure safe delivery of the tender on date of submission.
- To confidently present the estimate at the Finalisation Meeting supported by a fully priced nett cost build up with a full knowledge and understanding of the project in the form of a fully completed Tender Quality Plan.
- To liaise with other members of the bid team as appropriate to ensure that all aspects of the tender documentation are fully understood and adequately responded to, advising all members of the team on cost, build ability and programme where appropriate.
- To have a good working knowledge of the local market, and comply with and promote the Core Supply Chain philosophy in the preparation of the tender enquiry list with the Bid Team.
- To ensure that the finalised estimate is properly signed off in accordance with the QA Procedures, and completion of the form of tender for signature by the Managing Director.
- To maintain regular contact with clients and consultant teams and to act at all times in accordance with the Company`s values as an ambassador and advisor, ensuring that working relationships with internal and external customers are consistent with the highest standards.