Our tier-one civil engineering client is looking to appoint an Environmental Advisor. The position will be based in Hertford and is working with a large construction organisation that is a market leader in heavy civils projects - currently engaged on the biggest projects in the UK. The position would require travel to construction sites across the South East & beyond. Reporting to the Head of HSEQ.
You would be responsible for the following:
• Environmental Audits of construction sites, ensuring compliance to current legislation
• Attend site start-up meetings to establish environmental requirements (e.g. permits/noise, dust, vibration monitoring)
• Applications for project-specific licenses, permits, Section 61 Agreements etc
• Environmental monitoring reports to the Local Authority
• Liaise with Local Authorities, Environment Agency, other Statutory Bodies and residents when necessary
• Promote best environmental practice and work within the team improve environmental performance
• Assist the project teams with the implementation of best environmental practices/innovations on-site
• Environmental Qualification / Professional membership of an environmental institute
• Construction industry experience
• Data analysis
What's in it for you?
• A salary of £35,000 - £45,000
• Car or allowance
• Private medical cover