Design Manager / Bid Manager / Pre-Construction – Heavy Civil Engineering
Up to £85,000 basic salary plus company package consisting of car / car allowance, 6% pension contributions, up to 20% bonus, 25 days plus stats, private healthcare etc.
My client who act as a main contractor are looking to fill a position to work at their H/O in the East Midlands. The role which they are looking to fill is a hybrid role, primarily design masnagement with aspects of Bid / Pre-construction Management. You will be leading and managing a technical team providing safe, innovative, practical and commercially driven designs and bid management for general civil engineering schemes including highways, structures and major earthworks up to the value of c£150m.
Within this contractor you will be given genuine opportunities to progress, working on large civil engineering schemes and integrated schemes with other departments of the company. This is a great opportunity for a driven candidate who is confident and knowledgeable to challenge external designers during the design phase of the scheme.
As the Design Manager you will be responsible for all costs, programmes and demonstration of value added for the pre-construction phase.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Manage the interface with our strategic design partner and or in-house design teams.
• Represent the design team when necessary at internal and external meetings and, in the absence of the Design Engineer, to be the focal point of contact within the department.
• Liaise with other departments and project teams within the Company with respect to design requirements.
• Undertake site visits when appropriate.
• Ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with Company procedures and the framework requirements and that a high level of professionalism is maintained.
• Ensure that chargeable work is identified and evaluated including the preparation of adequate records of time spent.
• Ensure feedback on design work is collated and saved in accordance with procedures.
• Coach individual staff members.
• Prepare conceptual designs from with a view to the preparation of safe, practical and economic designs in accordance with current legislation.
• Checking the design work of other staff members and external designers.
• Summarise quantities relating to design tasks for pricing purposes.
• Lead the design process within Work Winning to ensure, economical designs are in place for tender purposes
• Identify and manage out as much risk as possible at Work Winning stage
• Have a good understand of temporary works and buildability and attend workshops as necessary.
For more information on this scheme please contact Hugo on 0330 055 2229 or email@example.com