Design Manager - North West - UK Remote Working
We are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join a leading multi-disciplined contractor working on a wide range of projects within industrial, healthcare, education and more. You will be working with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders including clients, directors, and pre-construction teams to ensure the design of projects is managed from conception through to completion. You will have the responsibility of developing and managing more junior members of the team. The role will see you managing the full design process including commercial, contractual and program aspects.
The company are a large national, well respected main contractor who have a reputation of developing there team members as well as a good staff retention. As the company has gone through a steady growth plan over the past 2 years more and more orders have meant the time is right to grow the Pre-con and Design Team hence the new role being opened.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring good relationships with external and framework clients.
• Managing the design process using your commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
• Supporting and advising the client as to the requirements of their obligations in the development of a building design.
• Ensuring design consultants produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way.
• Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice.
• Assist in driving planning applications and discharge of all planning conditions and be the primary form of communication for the Design team between internal departments and external consultants and stakeholders.
• Monitoring and controlling design fees.
• + 2 years experience as a Design Manager at a main contractor
• Experience on new build industrial projects
• Relevant qualifications
• Competitive Salary Depending on Experience
• Company Car/Allowance
• Competitive Pension
• & More