£31,000 PA plus bonus
18 month contract
We're currently seeking Data Scientists based in and around Warwickshire to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme, helping society's return to a more normal way of life.
Gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community and join a supportive environment where training and accreditation (where relevant) will be provided for this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Process large data sets accurately and work closely with quality management to uphold ISO 15189 accreditation standards
• Manage the flow of data out of the laboratories, resulting in correct patient sample reporting
• Analyse non-clinical data as part of process optimisation
• Track and manage non-conformities
• Work with the quality team to ensure good change control, release management and documentation
• Manage and drive interactions between the LIMS and assay reporting software and other Core Lab IT vendors to escalate, investigate and resolve support issues and product feature requests
What we're looking for:
• BSc Honours degree in a biological science or biology related discipline
• Proven track record in analysing and interpreting large data sets and statistical analysis
• Understanding and knowledge of qPCR and the use of controls to trouble shoot the process
• Collaborative or direct experience of working within a fast-paced laboratory environment
• Experience with database software and data analysis tools
• Knowledge of laboratory instrument connectivity
Please note that whilst database user experience is required, training for the specific LIMS software and data handling packages to be used will be provided.
You will receive a minimum 18-month contract with opportunity to go permanent and competitive rate of pay and a 10% retention bonus (paid at 9 and 12 months). Please note, successful candidates will be required to spend a minimum 3 weeks in training working flexible day patterns (including some weekends) before transitioning onto your shift.
Working hours and shift times are flexible depending on your availability, some night shift roles are also available which carry a 20% shift uplift