We currently have an exciting opportunity for a cost clerk to join on of the UK’s most successful, privately owned, multidisciplinary construction contractors. This opportunity is an immediate start with our client to support an existing commercial team working on a large infrastructure project in the Coventry area.
Our client is looking for candidates with experience working as a Cost Clerk for a main contractor with experience working in accounts / purchase ledger / cost control / admin roles.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Maintain register of Purchase orders
• Maintain log and carry out submission of requisition documents to plant/buying department
• Maintain log of purchase order numbers and hard copy file of orders.
• Entry of GRN’s onto Xpedeon
• Regular liaison with the accounts department to ensure all the GRN entries are acceptable.
• Monitor and update Purchase orders as and when required.
• Maintain and update weekly resource register
• Log all deliveries to site and complete Weekly returns for Materials, Plant and Labour.
• Log all other cost categories as required for completeness. (e.g. Staff allocations).
• Hold weekly meetings with the site team to ensure all items are included.
• Regularly check the system to monitor all rates and costs
• Use all information to compile monthly Site cost file for use in monthly reporting.
• Compilation of Test Data
• Entry of test data and results into Excel spreadsheet (Spreadsheet analysis as required)
• Assist the Commercial Team when required
• Run reports and distribute to teams as and when required
• Assist with the integration of information from the weekly return to the overall resource register
• Provide administration support to Office Manager and Core Team as necessary
• Copy correspondence and print files as required
• Reception cover as necessary.
• £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
• Company benefits package
• Plus more
To express your interest please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black’s Birmingham offices.