I have a great opportunity with a civil engineering contractor who specialise in concrete repairs, bridge jacking and cathodic protection. These schemes are usually smaller value and high turnover project so you can expect for a good selection of schemes.
As a contracts manager you will be a senior member of staff within the organisation responsible for up to 10 contracts simultaneously. This is a great opportunity to work for a division which is booming at this moment in time due to new technology.
• Providing clear direction to the on-site construction team regarding responsibilities and targets
• Managing the day to day operation from foundation to completion, and the critical paths for labour, materials and plant including material lead times
• Ensuring the development is completed in accordance with specification and the programme
• Providing accurate and regular reports on progress and dates
• Controlling additional costs for non-productive costs and prelim expenditure
• Ensuring all aspects of Health and Safety are followed and adhered to
• Taking responsibility for self-development and the development of others
• Monitoring and controlling the quality of production and approve stage completions to payments to sub-contractors
The ideal candidate will come from a trades background and be flexible to travel and lodge when required. You can expect to receive a basic salary of £55,000 plus a company package including all travel expenses, company car / allowance, bonus scheme, holiday allowance, pension and healthcare.
This is a great opportunity which will allow for clear progression within a contractor where you will be a valued member of the team, for more information please contact Hugo on 0330 055 2229 or email@example.com