CONTRACTS MANAGER – PRIVATELY OWNED HOUSE BUILDER
My client is a privately-owned housebuilder with a focus towards building quality new homes in a variety of locations ranging from green fields to inner city brown field developments in and around Birmingham and Warwickshire.
Due to continued success and growth they currently have a need for an experienced Contracts Manager from a house building background to oversee between 3 - 5 new build housing developments.
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for overseeing the development of sites from land acquisition to completion, ensuring that Programme, Quality and Cost targets are achieved within agreed budgets and timescales through the effective management of Site Managers and subcontractors.
• Pre-start site inspections and preparation of CDM pack and develop through construction plan.
• Ensure adequate and suitable resources are available for effective site start.
• Monitor performance against construction programme to ensure targets are met and completions are on time.
• Provide dates through Sales/Build meetings to ensure legal completions are as forecast.
• Liaise with all departments to support the Site Manager’s role and ensure information, materials and contractors are available.
• Monitor each stage of construction as work proceeds to ensure a quality product
• Assist the Operations Director in all matters relating to the efficient performance of the Construction department and strategic planning.
• Commutable to projects within the Birmingham area.
• Experience managing multiple new build housing developments
• Must have worked as a Contracts Manager for a Housing Developer in a permanent capacity.
Rewards & Incentives:
• Circa £60,000
• 10% Car Allowance
• 25 Days Holiday
• Discretionary Bonus Scheme
• Life Insurance 4%
• Matched Company Pension Scheme
To express your interest in the role please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black 0121 237 3700