We require a Clerk of Works in Birmingham who would be interested in working for a large multi disciplined construction consultancy. The Clerk of Works will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the build process. Experience in Residential and Local Authority projects is essential.
The Clerk of Works will oversee delivery of construction works in accordance with client requirements. This involves monitoring the work of contractors and subcontractors and issuing instructions, ensuring that work is carried out to the required standards, and making sure that plans and specifications are being followed correctly.
Clerk of Works - Duties / Accountabilities
- Coordination with the contractor’s supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence and method of work.
- Coordination with the contractor’s supervisory staff on quality and progress.
- Identifying work to be done and, subject to the prior approval, issuing site directions to the contractor.
- Undertake a trouble-shooting role and investigate defects and organise thereafter.
- Continuous field inspections of the work in progress.
- Compiling inspection reports.
- Monitoring construction progress and quality of work.
This role depending on experience can pay from £45,000 to £55,000. Experience in Residential and Local Authority sectors is essential.
For more information please enquire to email@example.com