QUANTITY SURVEYOR - INTERNATIONAL MAIN CONTRACTOR
MAJOR UK INFRASTRUCTURE - SMART MOTORWAYS
UP TO £55,000 + PACKAGE
A prestigious main contractor have approached me seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their SMART Motorways team based from their offices in the West Midlands.
In this position, the successful candidate will find themselves as a part of a large, dynamic commercial team working on high profile, major UK infrastructure projects.
This is a great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor who wants to gain exposure working on major projects for a top main contractor.
• Major Highways
• Other associated civils
• Control of commercial matters on a number of projects including production of cashflow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying or related)
• Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
• Confident when working autonomously
• Strong time management skills
• Strong leadership style
• Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
West Midlands Region, Offices within easy reach of Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Dudley and Walsall.
Salary & Package:
• Between £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
• Car Allowance or Company Car
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join an international construction business on major civils infrastructure projects.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Sekani Sherrott on 0121 237 3700.