CIVILS QUANTITY SURVEYOR / SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
HS2 ENABLING WORKS
A top UK contractor is currently in the market for a capable civil engineering Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team in Birmingham.
The successful candidate will work from the Birmingham office and will be tasked with the commercial management of a project(s) for HS2 Enabling works. Due to the varied nature of the schemes won/at tender stage, a strong and varied civil engineering background is essential.
• Control of commercial matters on a number of projects including production of cashflow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
• Minimum of 3.5 years post graduate experience
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
• Confident when working autonomously
• Strong leadership style
• Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
(Office location is in Birmingham)
Salary & Package:
• Between £40,000 - £57,500 per annum
• Car Allowance or Company Car
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-known Main Contractor in and get involved in HS2 projects.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Sekani Sherrott on 0121 237 3700.