A new opportunity for a General Foreman has arisen in the Oxfordshire area.
My client is a reputable contractor who are looking to grow their operational team, they are looking for a General Foreman with experience in; highways, earthworks and earthworks. This is a great opportunity to work for a contractor who can guarantee local work, offer progression and some of the most interesting civil engineering schemes.
• Deep drainage
• Pumping stations
• General civils infrastructure
• East Midlands
• To construct and deliver the allocated section of work within a specified timeframe with correctly allocated resources
• To optimise outputs and reduce the need for overtime working
• Read, understand and explain drawing specifications
• Ensure safety compliances and promote safe working practices
• Monitor construction activity on site to prescribed quality standards
• To focus on waste reduction
• Deliver the assigned works within assigned timelines with available resources
• Calculate area, volume, quantities, weights and measures for materials required at site
• Coordinate construction activities between gangs of all trades
• Ensure compliance with the site construction programme
• Identify technical variations in consultation with site management team
• Conduct daily safety inspection of all works within site
• Maintain high standards of housekeeping on site
• Organise the correct and safe deployment of any plant and equipment allocated to the work area and ensure proper utilisation
• Maintain on-site administrative systems to ensure company Business Management Systems are adhered to.
Monitor progress of works against programme
• Experience of working within the civil engineering industry
• Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
• Full UK driving licence
• Valid CSCS card
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time
• Team player
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to use initiative
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Logical and organised
Salary & Package:
• Between £50,000 - £60,000 per annum or £350 per day
• Company vehicle
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
This is a rare opportunity to join a principle contractor in a role which will offer genuine career progression and a wide range of civil engineering projects.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Hugo Lennard on 0330 055 2229 or firstname.lastname@example.org