12 month contract
My client, a global drug discovery organisation, are looking for a Chemist to join them on their API and IMP manufacture team. The role involves supporting the radiolabeled custom synthesis service contracted by clients, contributing to the overall output of the department through the application of technical knowledge, expertise and skills in operations and manufacturing of labelled compounds.
The responsibilities of the Chemist are:
• Have a good theoretical understanding of synthetic organic chemistry techniques and processes.
• To prepare, purify, isolate and in process QC analysis of C14 labelled compounds.
• Prepare Study Plans and write interim study reports to assist in communication with clients.
• Maintain accurate and clear laboratory records.
• Prepare draft GMP batch documentation using non-GMP synthesis methodology and execute approved GMP batch documents to produce GMP C14 labelled compounds.
• Discuss and review project chemistry with Senior Chemist colleague(s)
• Be prepared to offer advice on chemical synthesis, analysis and separation science to colleagues in the GMP synthesis team.
• Participate in communicating to clients about project progress when necessary.
• Prepare responses to QA review comments
The ideal candidate for the Chemist will need to have:
• A BSc in Chemistry or equivalent plus 1 - 5 years in-house custom synthesis
• Experience of radiosynthesis
If you are an experienced Chemist/ Synthetic Organic Chemist looking for a new challenge then please apply now!