My client has an exciting new vacancy due to consistent growth, they are looking for a CAD Technician.
The nature of their business includes earthworks, retaining structures, dynamic compaction, soil stabilisation, wick drainage, stone columns, soil remediation and materials reprocessing.
The successful applicant will be working as part of a team; however, they will be expected to manage their own workload in order to aid the efficiency of the rest of the team.
Previous experience with an earthworks sub-contractor is preferred but not essential..
Duties will include:
Creation of 2D Plans and 3D DTM models using multiple software applications, ensuring drawings are created in an accurate manner and delivered within required deadline
• Checking of drawings and specifications to ensure all information is correct prior to submission
• Changing and amending drawings in line with client, designer or engineers’ specifications and requirements
• Resolving any unexpected issues with the drawings
• Assisting and supporting Site Engineers/Site Managers
• Prioritise workload, ability to work on multiple projects at any one time
• Liaise with clients to obtain required information to fulfil your duties
• Ensuring that all activities are completed in accordance with QA and management systems
Key skills required:
• Good IT ability using multiple software applications including Autocad LT, Topcon Magnet and MS Office application etc.
• Good Maths skills
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Team work
• Flexible attitude and ability to work on multiple projects
• Good problem-solving skills
Salary and benefits package will be dependent on experience.