This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s most credible Audit, Advisory and Tax Experts.
Based from their Manchester City Centre office you will be part of a team that offer structure, training and an environment where you will continually challenge and be challenged whilst having the continued support and progression that you require.
Their aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations' and individuals they work with. Everything about them including their training, people and professional success criteria is driven by this goal.
As a part AAT qualified Semi-Senior in the Business Solutions department your duties will include:
- Preparing financial statements for SME’s and FRS102.
- Preparing year end accounts from incomplete records through to Manager review.
- Basic preparation of Corporation Tax computations to review stage.
- Experience in dealing with basic client queries and problem solving.
- Ad-hoc bookkeeping duties (in-house and/or onsite) for their SBU clients using a range of accounting software as applicable.
- Preparation of periodical management accounts for their BSG clients and reporting in their required format.
- Client VAT Return preparation.
- Adhering to deadlines or at least notifying the client and Manager where problems are likely to arise.
- Meeting clients and developing good rapport acting in a professional manner.
- Listening to client’s needs. Be sympathetic where necessary and remain patient.
- Writing professional letters and emails to clients. Ensure the client can understand what they are telling them.
- Offer client’s a value added service, tailor accounts to client’s needs and recognise what information they are looking for from their reports and accounts. Understand their internal controls and where weaknesses are identified, suggesting improvements.
- Ensure you understand the services that the firm can offer and identify what other services their client could benefit from.
- Discussing cross-selling opportunities with the Client Partner if you are in the office or direct with the client if you are out on site.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will be able to take responsibility for your work in addition to multi-tasking in an organised manner with great time management which enables you to plan your own work and client appointments.
You will be ATT qualified or part qualified and have recent experience in an Accountancy Practice Firm with a good knowledge of SME’s, FRS 102 and Corporate Tax.
You will also have experience in using accounting packages and statutory accounts preparation software like SAGE and Xero along with a high standard of Excel and Word experience. Experience in CCH and Kashflow would be desirable but not essential at this time.
WHY THIS FIRM?
As a business they are looking for exceptional people. Their ethos is to promote their friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with their clients.
They are offering you an opportunity to continue your career progression whilst working for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do. They create the best environment for their staff to thrive. They recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to their working environment.
If you join this organisation, you will find expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return, they can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits in addition to working for a firm that truly values its people.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level accounting trainees to Director and Partner level. Operating from local offices in, Manchester, Preston, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.