Business Development Manager required for rapidly expanding commercial groundworks contractor in Birmingham.
About the company:
Our client provides a wide range of services, that enables the successful delivery of total groundwork solutions into a diverse range of sectors and projects. Our client is wholly focused on strengthening relationships by instilling core values of quality, safety, efficiency and value for money throughout their fabric.
About the role:
We are looking for someone that embraces our clients core values and is able to significantly contribute to relationship development and continued growth in the sector.
Key tasks will include;
1. Working closely with the internal project team to compile a list of target contractors, consultants, architects & blue chip construction companies
2. Identify & develop key strategic relationships with a view to "partner" when negotiating with the contractor and presenting to architects
3. Build solid meaningful business relationships with target contractors & construction companies at multiple levels, to identify and maximise sales opportunities & pipeline
4. Visit construction consultants and key architects to present our portfolio with a view to winning specifications in the future
5. Manage opportunities and business pipeline and ensure all details are recorded accurately
6. Submit weekly sales forecasts in both revenue and units to the MD
Knowledge and experience required:
A minimum of 5 years' experience in a construction field sales role
A comprehensive understanding of the construction industry
Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A solid understanding of the constituent parts of the end-to-end process of the business
Mathematical ability and knowledge of Microsoft word and excel
Capable of working with and manipulating IT systems
Complexity and creativity:
Ability to logically analyse data effectively
The ability to recognise problems from all viewpoints
Be able to understand the commercial opportunities from a variety of building project types, timetables and commercial structures
Understand the complexity of the commercial relations in the full building process
Identify who to speak to and when at key stages
Judgements and Decisions:
Prioritising the right workload for opportunities and sales
Eliminating unprofitable or resource intensive jobs
Manage the priorities for sales
Understanding the operational impact of potential opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a dynamic and accomplished team of professionals in a happy and settled team environment. This will be an initial contract to permanent opportunity with an excellent salary and commission structure on offer.