BID WRITER / MANAGER
CIVIL ENGINEERING – MAIN CONTRACTOR
Kenton Black are recruiting for a civil engineering contractor who operate as a main contractor on projects up to c£300m. The business work nationwide on high profile schemes. Currently, they are recruiting for their Birmingham Office as they are looking for a Bid Writer / Manager to work on high profile bids for major projects across the Midlands. The individual will have experience in managing bids and writing responses to the quality questions. The individual will have experience of managing a team and will be able to plan work for others, set targets and manage the delivery of that work.
You will be working within a strong procurement and work winning team with great opportunities to progress with a buoyant contractor who are experiencing sustainable growth.
This is an office based role in Central Birmingham, a short walk from Snowhill Station.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsibility for the completion and submission of the Quality element of the Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ’s) and Tenders.
• Monitoring online trackers, notices and journals for new opportunities.
• Attend meetings or networking events as required.
• Upon receipt of a new bid, review requirements and develop and manage a deliverable and responsibility matrix.
• Attend site visits as required.
• Inputting data into tender submissions and the production of tender documents.
• Inputting data into question and answers, printing and final compilation of bid documentation or electronic submission.
• Use and update of the electric bid library with the latest case studies, capability statements, organisation charts, staff profiles, certificates, policies etc.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
• Experience of working to tight deadlines with multidisciplinary teams
• Knowledge and experience of construction industry practices is essential.
• 5-years’ experience writing and managing expressions of interest, prequalification, and tenders; in an infrastructure and civil engineering discipline.
• Experience of managing a team.
• Good commercial skills
• Knowledge of ECC NEC Contracts.
• Preferable knowledge of JCT, ICC (ICE) Contracts
• Degree qualified, ideally with a professional qualification in civil engineering.
Salary and package negotiable depending on experience.
For more information please apply to this role or contact Hugo on 0330 055 2229