BID MANAGER - Midlands - 75K - Family Owned Company
My client is a recognized regional contractor based throughout the East and West Midlands. Currently have offices in five regional locations and they complete schemes within 50 miles of each of these offices. They have expanded over the last five years and are looking at turning over £160M this year. My client work within a variety of sectors including Commercial, Health, Leisure, Education and Extra Care and will work on schemes from £2M to £30M. They are looking to grow their Pre- Construction Team with the introduction of another Bid Manager.
They currently have one Bid Manager in place but with their aspirations to become a £250M turnover contractor they are looking for another.
• A strong ability to organise around work and to tight deadlines, professional enthusiastic behaviour, paying attention to detail, focused and dedicated and a team player.
• Understanding of construction procurement routes and an ability to develop winning strategies.
• Understanding of cost, quality and programme drivers in construction.
• Can interpret bid questions and complete deliverables schedules and response templates, and as necessary write concisely in response.
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Relationship Building.
• Leadership skills coupled with strong team management.
• Intermediate to advance Microsoft Word is required to assist in the production of high quality documents under time constraints.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and experience of using web-based extranet systems for document sharing.
• Office Based in the Midlands East or West depending on the proximity to the successful candidates home.
• Up to £75,000 + Package