Associate Principal Toxicology Scientist
Up to £47,000
My client, a drug discovery organisation, based in Cheshire, is looking for an Associate Principal Scientist for their In Vitro Toxicology team. The Associate Principal Toxicology Scientist will be responsible for managing a sub group of the department on a daily basis and provide strong guidance and expertise to drive R&D within the team.
The responsibilities of the Associate Principal Toxicology Scientist are:
• Support high and low throughput Toxicology assays for commercial as well as research and development activities.
• Cell culture in both 2D and 3D formats
• Data analysis and reporting
• Assay development, contributing to R&D and improvement projects and troubleshooting
• Preparing SOP’s
• Drive automation and data processing tools
• Ensuring high standards of data quality and productivity within the team
• Work closely with the Project/Study Managers to ensure that all studies performed meet the requirements of our clients
• Keeping up to date with scientific advances
The ideal candidate for the Associate Principal Toxicology Scientist will have:
• A PhD in In vitro toxicology, or related subject, along with 5 + years of considerable experience from working within industry, specifically from a pharmaceutical or CRO background.
• Experience in vitro toxicology techniques, such as: cell culture, high content imaging analysis, flow-cytometry and mechanistic toxicology assays. THIS IS ESSENTIAL.
• Strong data analysis and interpretation skills with evidence from key publications in the field.
• Line management and project management experience.
If this sounds like you then please apply now!
Keywords: Drug Discovery, Toxicology, In Vitro Toxicology, 2D Cell Culture, 3D Cell Culture, CRO, pharmaceutical, high content imaging, flow cytometry, toxicology assays