House Building – Newton Le Willows – Salary up to £45k + package
My client is currently recruiting an experienced Assistant Site Manager from a volume housing building background to work on a new phase of construction for a site in the St Helens area. The ideal candidate will be IT proficient, well versed with the processes and challenges of volume house building and able to take plots from roof stage through to completion.
This opportunity is ideal for candidates who are looking to grow with a business and have ambitions to move into a Site Management position within the next 12-18 months.
This is an excellent chance to join one of the UK's fastest-growing house builders who have recently achieved a 5-star rating from the House Builder’s Federation (HBF); the highest accolade to be granted by the national housebuilding body.
The business currently builds circa 900 new homes for private sale and have plans to increase that output to 2,500 homes by 2021. With a huge landbank and planning already in place to build circa 22,000 homes these growth plans will be aided by the regionalisation of the business over the coming years affording excellent career progression opportunities for their staff.
As the Assistant Site Manager you will report to the Site Manager / Project Manager and will be managing the site operations including:
• Sub-Contractors day to day processes
• Making sure all material suppliers are available and get to site correctly and on time
• Assisting the Site Manager and potentially speaking on behalf of him/her when necessary
• Assisting in driving the site forward
• Ensuring build programs and schedules are met and any problems are dealt with quickly and effectively
• Paying particular attention to finishing's of properties
• Meeting customers' expectations with the above
• 3 – 5 years’ experience as an Assistant Site Manager with a reputable House Builder would be advantageous on your behalf.
• Stability in your career and UK experience is a prerequisite, good general construction background with a main contractor or housing developer is paramount.
• SSSTS or SMSTS
• First aid certified
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore only suitable Candidates will be contacted.