House Building – Uxbridge – Salary up to £45k + package
My client is currently recruiting an experienced Assistant Site Manager to work on a new phase of construction for an ongoing housing development in Uxbridge. The development consists of 7 blocks of 3 and 4 storey apartments, totalling 105 units, complete with basement parking which is due to start construction in July 2018.
This opportunity is ideal for candidates who are looking to progress their careers within one of the UK's fastest-growing house builders who have recently achieved a 5-star rating from the House Builder’s Federation (HBF); the highest accolade to be granted by the national housebuilding body.
The business currently builds circa 900 new homes for private sale and have plans to increase that output to 2,500 homes by 2021. With a huge landbank and planning already in place to build circa 22,000 homes these growth plans will be aided by the regionalisation of the business over the coming years affording excellent career progression opportunities for their staff.
To support and assist the Site Manager in the build of multiple homes to a specified design and quality on a particular site, from handover of land through to last legal completion, on time and on budget in line with health and safety and environmental standards.
• Maintain and monitor a positive culture of health and safety onsite to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
• Assist and support '5 Star Builder' status and that every home is built to the specified design and standard, with the aim of zero defects, focusing on the delivery of excellent customer service
• Assist and support Construction budgets on their project and making sure Project Construction costs are controlled with no compromise to quality, health and safety or customer service in order to achieve profit targets.
• Assist and support the delivery of quality homes in line with the agreed project programmes, planning and co-ordinating all suppliers and trades to make sure they deliver their work in line with the critical path, identifying slippage and developing action plans to ensure programme time is recovered
• Assist in co-ordinating at least two local community events each financial year to promote positive social, economic and environmental change.
• Assist with ensuring the project is in line with site plans and strategy to ensure the project is executed in line with the appraisal
• Audit site activities to ensure industry best practice and innovations are implemented and interact with external bodies such as NHBC, to create better, safer or more cost-effective ways of working.
• To work collaboratively with internal teams, including Sales, Technical, Customer Service and Commercial
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with key external parties, including all external consultants and sub-contractors, building on existing networks
• Towards the end of the build, manages aspects of the final stages so that everything is completed to the specified design, quality and deadline.
• Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
• Minimum 3 years' experience within construction, ideally within housebuilding
• Knowledge of NHBC guidelines
• Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) - up to date certificate
• Planning, organising and prioritising skills
• First aid trained
• Full UK driving licence
• IT literate
• Willingness and ability to learn
Rewards / Incentives:
• Up to £45,000 basic salary.
• End of year bonus.
• Car allowance or equivalent company vehicle.
• Pension and healthcare.
• Generous holiday entitlement.
• Other benefits.
• Career progression and training.
Please contact Chris Wright 0121 237 3700 to express your interest.