ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER / TECHINICAN – New Build Housing
My client is one of the UK’s largest housing developers with regional offices located throughout the UK. Their developments are located across a variety of locations including sought after greenfield locations and utilise a variety of house types incorporating distinguishing features such as locally sourced stones and contemporary designs.
They currently have an opportunity for an ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER / TECHINICAN to join their busy design team based out of offices in Stafford.
• Prepare desirable and efficient designs.
• Engage with local planning authorities, their consultees and other stakeholders and win their support for our proposals.
• Assist with the preparation and submission of planning applications and manage them through the approval process and resolve outstanding conditions to the region’s timelines.
• Deal with build issues that require the designer’s attention during the progress of the works.
• Conduct regular site visits and chair site project meetings if necessary.
• Preparation and co-ordination of transfer plans.
• Assisting in the co-ordination of and attendance at pre-start and other departmental meetings as required.
• HNC or HND in Architectural Construction or Building Studies or working towards a relevant degree
• Previous experience working for a house builder
• Understanding of building regulations and planning process
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Qualifications in relevant professional body
• Awareness of Code for Sustainable Homes
Rewards / Incentives:
• £45,000 (dependent on experience)
• Company car or £5,500 car allowance
• Full benefits package
• Discretional bonus
To express your interest please contact Chris Wright 0121 237 3700