Account Manager – Chemistry (AH043)
Location: Swadlincote, Derbyshire
£20K - £25K Basic (dependent upon experience) + Benefits
Calling all Chemistry based graduates!
Are you coming to the end of/have you already finished your degree and realised that a life in the lab certainly isn't for you? The thought of spending all day with just your bench for company not particularly enticing?
Do you want to utilise those excellent interpersonal skills you've gained from the bar/restaurant/shop/insert other customer facing role here, but in a scientific capacity? If so, then read on!
We are currently partnering with a very well-known organisation, with real gravitas in the environmental testing sector and, hence, offering lots of progression opportunities for the right individual.
A multi-million pound turnover business with multiple laboratories across the UK, they are now looking to recruit a Account Manager to manage a portfolio of accounts and support multiple teams within the organisation.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Being the key point of contact between customers and the laboratories
• Managing the sales process from initial contact through to sample reception, testing, results and aftersales service
• Maintaining regular contact with customers to ensure efficient service delivery
• Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Technical Managers, Supply Chain and Procurement
• Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from the customer base
• Hosting site visits for key accounts
• Identifying and qualifying potential customers and new business opportunities in conjunction with the Business Development team.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a related discipline and have some business to business (B2B) customer service or sales experience.
Knowledge of the principles of analytical testing methods for environmental samples (soil, water, wastewater) would be highly beneficial but is not essential.
You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage your own time and be confident building relationships with people at all levels.
Keywords: Chemistry, Technical Sales, Sales Representative, Account Management, Account Manager, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Science, Scientific Sales, Scientific Account Management, Technical Account Management.